Wild Search Byron Bay runs Women’s Circles and Skill-Share Workshops as ‘Rewilding Women‘ in the Byron Shire. The Women’s Circles can include:
- Connecting with nature and wildness
- Acknowledging and respecting Elders and Ancestors
- Sharing an organic meal together
- Reviving ritual, magic and sisterhood
- Learning traditional women’s skills
- Song, rhythm and movement
- Intellectual discussions on chosen topics
Rewilding Women also runs skill-share workshops and events for women in the Byron Shire, as well as nature-based workshops and events for children and teens. These workshops are designed to bring you back to basics, connect you with your wild and natural selves and teach invaluable skills in self-sufficiency! These workshops may include skills such as:
- Beeswax candle-making
- Bushwalking & Birdwatching
- Homemade personal care, medicines, cleaning and beauty products
- Plastic-free living
- Wild food foraging, identification and preparation
- Basket weaving
- Meditation, Yoga and Pilates
To launch the Rewilding Women Project, we’ll be hosting an Art Exhibition Event.
This event will be 100% organised and run by women of the Byron Shire and donations from the raffle/silent auction will go towards local women’s charities.
WE NEED WOMEN!
One way you can get involved, is to please fill out the survey below. The data will be gathered to gain insight into behaviours and also improve Rewilding Women’s services into the future. And please, WOMEN ONLY TO FILL OUT SURVEY PLEASE.
The ‘Rewilding Women Project’ is an ongoing project designed to connect women with their wild.